Pittsburgh's First Mini Maker Faire Is Here!
This Sunday, the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh will host Pittsburgh’s first Mini Maker Faire. HackPittsburgh has been working hard with the museum and other volunteers to make this a great event that shows off the skills and ingenuity of makers throughout our region.
We are pleased to showcase over 70 makers with a wide variety of projects including:
- BirdBrain Labs Lightshow Spectacular
- Carnegie Mellon Robotics Club
- Garden Up
- I Can Has a Dinosaur
- Makers’ Alliance
- Obscure Games
- Shippensburg University Women in Computer Science Club
- Spare Room Workshop
- The Travelling Pittsburgh Craft-O-Tron Machine
HackPittsburgh members will also be showing many of our projects including:
- M3Bot by Gabe Cottrell
- LEAD Balloon
- Make Your Own Button
- Power Wheels Racer
- inTeleLearn by Sayan Chakraborty and Ed Paradis
- LED Flower Project by Valerie Head
- Luna Moth Bot by Laura McCarthy and Ed Paradis
- Johnny 0.5 by Elijah Richter
- Recliner Computer Workstation by Nicholas Schembri
- The Yurt: Camping in Luxury by Logan Stack
- The LittleBirds Project by Mandy Stultz
- The Interactive Rug Loom by Mandy Stultz
- Cheesebot by Matt Stultz
Some of our members’ side projects will have great things going on too:
- Pittsburgh Knot Tying Club will be running a knot tying workshop and will show off their tower.
- Pittsburgh Lockpicking Club will be running a lockpicking workshop.
- Wayne and Layne will be running a soldering workshop.
- Functional Prototype LLC will be demoing DIY Fabrication technologies.
This is an all ages event with something for everyone. It will be held from Noon-6pm, with workshops going on throughout the entire event. For more details and tickets, go to the Pittsburgh Mini Maker Faire website at pghmakerfaire.com .
[…] Mini Maker Faire Pittsburgh […]