Class: Intro to Lighting Techniques
The Friends of the Pittsburgh Urban Forest has asked us to put on some classes to help the artists applying for their Arbor Aid call-for-artists. This class is also open to HackPgh members at a discount and the public at large. The first class will be held at the HackPittsburgh shop at 6pm on August 13. The sign up link is: here.
In this class, you’ll learn about many of the options available for lighting including:
- Light fixtures
- Basic wiring for lamps, etc.
- Colors / Sizes / Types
- Type of multi-LED modules
- LED Strips
- Basic LED wiring
- Basic how-to use LEDs
- Parallel vs. Series
- Voltage issues
- EL Wire – wires that glow when you power them (they call it “poor man’s neon”)
- Basic EL Wire wiring how-to
- Fiber Optic Light
- Dynamic lighting (digitally controlled for patterns etc.)
- Overview of using an Arduino to produce lighting effects
I just signed up. Should be fun!